March 20, 2013

Enjoying Singleness

Last night I was chatting with my best friend on the phone and during the phone conversation I realized something I had not consciously thought about before- I am so happy I took time to be single after my last relationship. 

Anyone that has known me for a while knows about my past relationship. When we broke up, I am so glad I took time for me and didn't date. I wouldn't have been able to really get over him and the relationship and adjust to being without him. Although I was glad we decided to separate, I needed to get used to him not being around. I needed to get used to know calling/texting him when things happened in my life and I needed to get used to not spending a majority of my time with him. 

I think this time is crucial. I have learned so much about myself and what I want over the past 2+ years of being single. I cherish this time and I know I will appreciate it more once I am in a relationship. I know its easy to rush into another relationship because you don't want to be alone but being single and having time to deal with the past relationship AND figure out what you really want/need is important. It is a time to focus on your relationship with God and the people around you. I just want my single friends to enjoy their lives and not get caught up on being single.  


No comments:

Post a Comment