March 17, 2013

What is Love?

I had a great conversation today with our Greenville youth pastor after church. One of the things we talked about was the definition of love.

What is your definition of love? I honestly couldn't really think of how I would describe it but I can tell you how the Bible describes and defines it. 


Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance. 
1 Corinthians 13 

The advice he gave me, was to go through this list and develop these qualities within you. Through this process, ideally, you will get closer to God and realize how awesome his love is. Then when the right time person comes around, you will have real, Godly love. 

I think this is great for anyone, not just single women. I think connecting with God in this way, through obtaining and developing the qualities he defines as love, can help single women and women in relationships. I used to think love was a complicated thing, but God tells us exactly what it is- isn't he (and his love) great!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment