March 11, 2013

Single...

Single...

For so many people that word has a negative connotation. "Why are you still single?" My LEAST favorite question. So many people assume that singleness is a bad thing and that women are single because they can't find anyone. I hate how people feel bad for single women. I hate the pressure Southern women feel to get married young. Why do I have to be married and on the road to kids in my early twenties? 

Now, this is coming from someone who wouldn't mind being in a relationship, but I am so happy and I love my life and the people in it so for me, being single is not all that bad. I also hate dating, like despise it, and just really don't feel like it. It's awkward and I just hate all of the questions that come along with dating. Is he going to call (or in this century, text), should I text him, when are we going to hang out again, when can I tell him how I feel, when will he kiss me.... ugh I hate it all. Why can't dating and the search for love, real, Godly love, be easier? And I know online dating may be easier but I just don't want to do that. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me. 

So in the midst of awful dating, while still being ridiculously happy about my life, I decided to start a blog (Julie & Julia popped into my head, lame, I know). I wanted a place for my single friends to be able to celebrate their singleness, bitch about dating and how being single sometimes sucks (like when you have events to go to and don't want to go alone), and how to find real love. 

So here we go... 




No comments:

Post a Comment