March 13, 2013

The Bachelor

I don't normally watch the Bachelor, but this season I watched it every week with my girlfriends. 

After watching the finale, I thought maybe Sean and Catherine will actually stay together for the long haul. But as I watched Lindsay cry her eyes out, I am reminded that what Lindsay was feeling when she got dumped and had to walk back to the car while trying so hard not to cry. 

Lindsay and her emotions are more real life for a lot of women during their journey for love. I don't know, I hate that feeling of rejection and that moment when you realize what you thought would turn into something real is over. I hate it when it happens to me and I hate seeing it in other women. It is really difficult to see and so much harder to feel. It makes me understand why some women are completely opposed to dating and want nothing to do with it. 

But I also took something else away after watching the finale (and the after the rose special), when you finally get that real love, it's awesome. How freaking cute are Sean and Catherine. When he said-baby you look so good- I died, it was the cutest. 

Although I hate dating, I know when I find the love God has intended for me, it will be great and will have such a great impact on my life. My hope for all my single friends is that you don't give up, sure, take a break from it because dating isn't always fun, but don't ever give up on love. Think about Charlotte York from Sex and the City, she never gave up on finding love (and yes I know it is a TV show/movie so things always work out), but I believe in love and I know God did not create us to be alone, so don't give up on having it. 


And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 
1 Corinthians 13 



No comments:

Post a Comment