April 4, 2013

Patience

I am not the most patient person. I am 'on the move' a lot and have a natural sense of urgency about things, but I have learned that I need to work on my patience. 

In particularly, I need to have patience with God's timing. Lately I have been struggle bussin' when thinking about my singleness. I want to be married and be in love, but I don't want to want a relationship right now. I want to take a break from dating and focus on God, family, friends and my awesome job, but a relationship (and my lack thereof) has been on my mind lately. I was struggling with this until I remembered that everything happens in God's timing. There is clearly a reason that the desire to be in a relationship is in my heart and I know God wants us all to have a joyful and abundant life.

So, to me this means that I need to be patient and focus both eyes directly on God and my relationship with him, and when the time is right, it will happen. 

This concept is helpful for everyone. I don't know anyone who is perfectly happy with their life and have no wants/needs. For some of my friends, they want better jobs and are focused on that. I think focusing on God and asking for what we want and desire will be effective for everyone. What I know and believe is that God has amazing plans for his children and we have to have faith in his timing and his plans. 


-When you can't see the hands of God, you must trust the heart of God-



No comments:

Post a Comment