April 8, 2013

What is your calling?

It is a beautiful thing when you get to have a career you love and are passionate about. I think I am in the minority on this one- especially with people my age. But I LOVE my job, like so much so that I am passionate about it and get excited about our projects. It certainly helps that I have a great boss. 

I want this for everyone. When you love what you do, it really doesn't fee like work- it's a cliche but I have found it to be true for me. I am passionate about helping young people, in particularly helping young people achieve goals that they did not think they could achieve. Also, my jobs builds on my strengths and allows me to do what I am good at.

In February, Pastor P did a series entitled "Don't Waste Your Life." One of the messages was geared towards helping us find our passion and what we are good at. Here are 5 questions he gave us to figure it out.

  1. What Do I Enjoy? 
  2. What Do I Do Well? 
  3. What bothers me? What breaks your heart that also breaks God's heart
  4. What opportunities are in front of me now? 
  5. Who? Who are you going to live for? 
God wants us to have a joyful and abundant life, doing what we are passionate about will give us that life. Trust me, I know :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment