May 28, 2014

Maya Angelou: The Epitome of Grace and Class


I was once in a pageant in middle school (probably no surprise to anyone who knows me). For my talent, my mom and I decided that I should do a poem, and we choose phenomenal woman by Maya Angelou. I still remember learning the poem. I don't remember all the words, but I remember how it made me feel: strong and confident. Like I could do anything that I wanted. 

Maya Angelou really was such a wonderful and inspirational person. I learned so much from her and am sad that the world has lost her. There are countless things that she taught us. 

We learned to always treat people with kindness and respect; to go for whatever you want and don't apologize for it; to have a positive attitude; to love like you have never been hurt before; to be strong, no matter what, and finally, to always have joy.

I know she is in heaven still trying to make this world a better place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment